Sunday, May 29, 2011

What I learned today

Loops
Rather than tie knots, I've discovered the simple elegance of tying loops. Makes everything work smoother. Why?

I have no idea.

Slide on down
I have a large vice for holding things that are about to go under some serious procedure. But on my hand-work space, I've been fumbling with holding my subject still with my hands. That's because the ledge on my former workspace couldn't hold a small vice in place. So I got in the habit of just fumbling.

But my new workspace has a good ledge. So I have attached a small vice with a clamp that's easy to loosen and tighten. I keep it on my far left out of the way.  When I need it, I loosen the clamp and slide it in front of me.  When I'm finished tweakin', I loosen the clamp and slide it back out of my way.

I can see less cussin' in my future.

Oh... and I assembled a garden cart today.  Actually, it'll be used to haul the trash and our recyle bin out to the road on trash day.

No comments:

Post a Comment