Friday, May 13, 2011

Eye am, therefore eye do

Here goes an eye experiment.  I'm going to make a figure sans eye tray. 

I put a brass bolt with washer at the bottom of the eye.  Then I topped it with a nut and washer.  I made sure the nut was loose enough for the eyeball to spin freely, but tight enough to keep the up-and-down motion of the eye to a minimum. I committed to this first step by securing the nut in place (and thus, the eye) with Tite'n For Bolts.  

My plan is to suspend the each eye individually from the top of the head.  I'm going to drill a hole in a small flat piece of wood (about 1/3 the size of the eyetray), then screw in the bolt just enough for it to be even with the other side.   I may drop some Gorilla Crazy-Glue to lock the bolt into the wood.  Then I'll secure wood to the top of the head with Magic-Sculpt. 

I may not even need the piece of wood.  But if I new that, then this wouldn't be... an experiment!

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian7:28 AM

    Document it all along if you can take the time, please, Kenny. I love watching you experiment to find new ways with these things!

    ReplyDelete