Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hit the wall

Already I've run into trouble with my "no eye tray" approach. If I wanted the eyes to just move side-to-side, no problem. But I use small eyehooks in the eyeballs with strings attached as part of my crossed-eyes animation. When the strings are pulled, the eyes cross. But I'm concerned that the torque from the eyes being pulled will dislodge the Magic Sculpt from the head. With an eye tray, the setting is so secure, nothing would loosen or break the set-up.

Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:21 AM

    I also had wondered how the torque of the string pull would work without an eye tray. I've only done 2 heads, but I see the importance of those parts being fixed solidly. I want to do some pocket-size work, so I'm watching to see what you figure out!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete