Sunday, May 08, 2011

An update from one of us


Awhile back, John wrote me for some advice on painting a figure. I recall he was having a problem with paint peel, so I suggested a primer coat first, then paint. He was nice eough to send an update:

"Hi, I'm not sure if you remember me asking you about paint but I just wanted to update you on my progress. I finally was able to get back to work on my figure and I'm no longer having issues with paint since I switched from craft paint to some model paint I use for my plastic models. I don't really plan to use the figure professionally I just enjoy building and painting things and vent figures lets me do both. He's got a classic old style paint job to him with black around his eye rims and bright red lips. I kinda kept the paint a little thin in spots letting his primer show through. To me it gives him a bit of character and a touch of that old style figures had. The head is finished just waiting some mechanics.

Well I just wanted to thank you for your great advice! If you want I can send some pictures of him when I get a chance to. He's a Brose casting."


Send us a photo, John, when you finish your feller.

1 comment:

  1. I plan to. I'm working on the head stick right now. I'm trying to figure out the best way to make the holes for the two control strings for the eyes at the moment.

    ReplyDelete