Sunday, September 02, 2012

Will it waggle?

Yes, I believe it will waggle. It will require some scootin', but I think this soft blinker frame will function.The next step is to add the chamois material as prescribed in Mike Brose's tutorial. I"m wondering what will happen when the cloth is attached and the eye frame opens.The tutorial says it will bunch up. By applying some epoxy glue on the interior side of the chamois, the eyelid will stiffen and (hopefully) roll back into the head when open.

In other words, I'm not outta the woods just yet.  

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:04 AM

    I have always put both the axle ends on the backside of the eye openings. watch for binding. I use Tacky hobby glue to secure the lid to the frame and also on the inside the lid instead of epoxy. Put some on the end of your finger once the lid is secured top and bottom and push out slightly forming the lid to clear the eyeball. I generally use two applications to achieve the proper stiffness and form. Just my experiance, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P. Grecian7:51 AM

    Kenny, good luck! (The suspense is killin' me)

    ReplyDelete