Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hard hair

 



















Before I can start painting the "Billy-like" head, I have to add the molded hair. As I mentioned earlier, I'll try the Free Foam Air to sculpt the hair. But because it reportedly doesn't stick as well, I'll use Magic-Sculpt for the edges of the hairline, then fill it in with Free Foam Air.  I drew the hair in pencil so I have a guide to follow.

Of course, with molded hair, the trap door must be sealed and the edges hidden. So I put some aluminum foil between the trap door and head. I left a gap in the foil on each side of the head so the trap door could be temporarily glued to the head. I'll sculpt both sides so they line up. Hopefully the result will leave a small gap between the head and trap door.

After the head is painted and the mechanics installed, I'll seal the head and fill the gap around the perimeter of the trap door with Free Foam Air. I plan to leave a small open gap at the nape of the neck where a screwdriver could pry open the trap door for repairs should they be needed..

P.S. My new computer is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment