Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Punk

I'm back from another road trip.  This time I went to a rustic lodge near Donner Pass for the Gretsch Guitar Northern California Roundup. Had a good time meeting lots of really good guitar players. Highlight of the trip was meeting Peter Asher, known as half of the British Invasion duo Peter & Gordon. Later he discovered James Taylor, became his manager, and went on to be the architect of the so-called "California Sound". He produced most of the albums by James Taylor, Carole King, and Linda Ronstadt just to name a few. He also was the first person to hear Paul McCartney and John Lennon play their tune "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" moments after they composed it. Pretty cool.

The blond-on-blond punky fellow in the photo is my newest cheeky boy figure.  I worked with yellow faux fur for the first time. The strands are much finer than hair, so it was a little difficult to trim.  I discovered I need to use electric shears to trim it evenly.  In this case, I've kept it at its full length for that punk look.   

No comments:

Post a Comment