Monday, September 03, 2012

Peek-a-boo

Walkin' the high wire again with this soft blinkers project.  Got a great tip from a reader. I bought some Tacky glue to attach the chamois to the brass frames. I used masking tape to temporarily attach the chamois to the inside of the head. After the chamois is successfully glued to the blinker frames, I'll permanently attach the chamois to the head's interior.  

I didn't get the frame handles exactly the same, but they're parallel and seem to work anyway. They also clear the eyeballs when they move up and down. Rather than attach another piece of brass to both handles, I'm considering using nylon cord. I'll install a single pulley to the inside top front of the head. The cord will then go though that forward pulley, over the rod-and-tube pulley I install for the raising eyebrows, then down the headstick to a trigger. I'm pretty sure the eyebrows won't move when the blinker cord passes over its rod-and-tube pulley. If they do, I'll have to install a second pulley system.  

I'm thinking of attaching eyelashes of some kind to the chamois.  I'm not crazy about leaving just a dark brown strip along the bottom of the blinker as I've seen on other figures with soft blinkers. Or I could leave a little overhang of chamois when I trim the excess from the frame. Then I'd cut little tiny strips and paint them the color of the wig and eyebrows (in Uncle Earl's case... white).  

No comments:

Post a Comment