Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Ooowwwwuch!

Got injured yesterday. 

No, I did not do this while working on dummies. (I knew that's what you were thinking).

I went to the dump early yesterday afternoon to unload a truckload of brush. The wind was really blowing. A large truck and trailer pulled up next to me as I was working.  They began to toss out brush and pieces of plywood. A foot-square chunk of partially burnt plywood got caught by the wind and spiraled toward me like a Frisbee bullet. It hit me in the left forearm and cut me up pretty good. I won't go into the emergency room part because it was kinda gross.

Upshot is my tendons and arm muscles are bruised, so it hurts to move my hand and fingers. But it's getting better quickly as I do my chores around the house. I think I'll be able to build dummies, too.

Thank God it didn't hit me in the head or I'd be talkin' about the little birdies I saw yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian7:52 AM

    Yike! You never know when a chunk of plywood might have your name on it.

    ReplyDelete