Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Post post

PVC pipe installation.  Magic-Sculpt secures the pipe in the head.  The other end of the pipe is perched on Klean Clay.  Notice the string level sitting atop the pipe.
I have made over eighty vent figures so far, and every one of them has had a Braylu neck transition and post installed.  This is the first time I have ever installed my own control post from scratch.  It was a puzzle as to how to go about it.  What substance do I use to secure the post? Gorilla Glue?  Hot glue? Magic-Sculpt?  (I chose a ring of Magic Sculpt). Do I attach the eye screw (for the jaw spring) first?  Or do I do it after I install the post? (My answer was "before").  How do I prevent the sharp eyescrew point protruding inside the PVC pipe from tearing up the nylon cord?  (My answer was to snip off the protrusion and cover what's left with a dab of smoothed Magic-Sculpt).  How do I make sure the PVC pipe is level in both directions? (I perched the other end of the pipe on some Klean Clay, a Mike Brose recommendation.  Then I used a small string level for up-and-down, and measured the distance from the pipe to the edge of the work table to square the side-to-side).

After the exterior Magic-Sculpt dries, I'll add more on the interior to further secure and stabilize the PVC pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment