Sunday, January 22, 2012

Now the brow

The eyebrows rods have been installed and the interior eyebrow pulley system is in place. The next step is to cover the rods with Magic-Sculpt.  On most figures, I sculpt hair-like lines in the Magic-Sculpt, let it harden, then paint the eyebrows the appropriate color.  On my Asian figure, I want the Magic-Sculpt to serve as a platform for mounting actual hair for bushy eyebrows. 

Since the eyebrows will be made with white hair, I'll paint the Magic-Sculpt white before adding the hairs.  I plan to use hair cut from the Fu Manchu beard I purchased.  The beard is very long, so there will be enough for me to trim from the beard and still leave plenty of length.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 AM

    Looking great! What is the value of using a Magic Sculpt base for the brows? On my Uncle Earl I glued hair to a felt pad that I attached to the rods, thus giving protection to the figure face from rod scuffing and allowing no visible gap between face and brows. Doesn't the Magic Sculpt want to twist on the brass rod? Your eye paint job is excellent--Even close up!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I've never had a Magic-Sculpt eyebrow twist on the rod. Thanks for the compliment on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete