Saturday, January 28, 2012

My favorite thingamajig

I'm not sure what this thing is called, but it's my most-often, most-used tool.  It's really a simple tool.  One end has a semi-sharp point, the other a flat semi-sharp surface.  I'm not even sure where or when I got it.  I think it may have been part of an old wood-sculpting kit. 

The tool pokes, gouges, smooths, retrieves, indents, scrapes, punctures, steadies, and... oh, yeah... sculpts.

You can tell how much I use it by how caked it is with debris.  I seem to recall the handle was once a very bright yellow.   

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:19 PM

    I have one almost identical, and it is my fav also. I actually wore out/broke my first and found a better knurled metal handle one at a flea market in an auto tool booth. It was invaluable in scoring the inside of my Uncle Earl head when prepping for internals.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete