Monday, February 17, 2020

The last to know


From my "last to know" file comes a new discovery thanks to Buzz at Braylu Creations. I have been sanding my paper clay sculptures with regular sandpaper. It's usually hard on my hands, but I have persevered. Buzz and I Skype from time to time to show-and-tell recent projects, ideas, and innovations. If you follow this blog, you know I've been preparing my fat guy sculpture for eventual mold making. It needs to be as smooth as I can possibly make it. During our most recent Skype, he showed me sponge sandpaper. It's available in a variety of grits. The HUGE advantages are they are easy on the hands and they conform to the shape of what you're sanding. I immediately visited my local hardware store and bought some. I LOVE IT! I was able to quickly and easily do the fine sanding on my fat guy sculpture. I'm always the last person in the universe to learn about these common tools.

Finally, the fat guy jaw is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment