Sunday, February 16, 2020

Shuttin' him up?
















Why is there wadded-up paper towel in his mouth? To quiet his complaining? To silence his haranguing? To muffle his whining? To shush his grumbling?

No.

In preparation for the mold, I'm going to build a paper clay cover for the mouth. The paper towel is used to fill up space so I won't need to fill the entire cavity with paper clay. I'll use a sharp poking tool to indicate cut-lines around the perimeter of the cover. That's so I (and other vent figure builders) will know where to cut away the cover on the castings of the head. When the cover is... well... uncovered, a casting of the jaw you see pictured here will fit inside the opening with (hopefully) minimal gap adjustment.

Speaking of the jaw, it's almost done. I want to even out the spaces between the teeth, fill a couple of sanded areas, then do a final sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment