Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mazie phase


I'm back from my road trip to Cal-ee-for-ny-yay. I had a good time visiting family, airports, kids, old friends, pretty parks, oil wells, lakes, factory clean rooms and creatures of the sea. Now I'm back in the workshop picking up where I left off.

Miss Mazie got some attention today. I touched up the corner of her right eye where a winker frame will be inserted. The eye tubes were installed today. And I painted the bottom of the jaw (shown temporarily installed). 

Another project that moved forward today was my Otis the Moonshiner full-size sculpture. I added the first layer of PaperClay to the outer portion of the Styrene ear frame. I prefer to form the ears in steps. I let each phase dry so I don't mess it up as I work on the other parts of the ear. It's slower but seems to work better for me.  

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian11:13 AM

    Glad to see you back, Kenny. Mazie's looking great.

    ReplyDelete