Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Change up


I've been working on the Jerry Layne figure that was left with me for repair. The side-to-side eyes weren't working. The top-right photo shows the "before" situation. The little bar that's attached to the right eye's dowel was loose because the dowel split. The tube-and-rod eye mechanics also had a problem. The loop that was attached to the rod (and looped around the little bar on the dowel) broke off.

My friend Randy prefers rocker-style eye mechanics. So rather than repair the existing set-up, I decided to change it. As you can see from the other photo at left, I attached an eyehook to each eye dowel. Fortunately there was a small hole already drilled in the left eye dowel so I could easily screw in the eyehook. I used Magic-Sculpt to secure the eyehooks, which also repaired the splits.

I'll add guides to each side of the head, attach cords to the eyehooks and run the cords down the hollow headstick. Then I'll attach the cords to a rocker mounted on the headstick.

1 comment:

  1. Great work there Kenny! Your friend is lucky you're there to help him out. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result.

    ReplyDelete