Friday, March 08, 2013

More nub

I buy some parts from Braylu Creations. Things like eye trays, synchro bars, triggers, etc. But there are a few items I make myself, like the item pictured at left. I call it a "nub". It's a ledge upon which I rest a jaw axle tube. I've posted about it before.

I usually make them one-at-a-time using hunks of leftover Magic-Sculpt. But this time I'd like to make a mold of it using Sculpey. I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. Most of the YouTube demos I've seen show very simple "press-it-in-the-blob-of-Sculpey" kinds of objects. No undercuts or four-sided models. Could be I'm running into that "laws of physics" issue again.

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian8:54 AM

    Maybe get a jar of casting latex at the hobby shop? Brush on the first layers with a small brush, then you can do more with your fingers as the latex gets thicker. Strengthen by using a few small bits of wire or shaped tin...or even some small pieces of plaster bandage, sunk into the last layers (AFTER they've hardened). Make several, as long as your originals hold up. Just talking off the top of my head here, Kenny, trying to help.

    ReplyDelete