Sunday, March 03, 2013

First one's the hardest

I'm moving ahead with my Cheeky Boy (Mikey/Donnie) character with the cartoon eyes. Of course with the cartoon eyes in place, the gaps on the sides have to be filled. I used Free Form Air, but it was pretty messy. I've used Magic-Sculpt for the eyelids above the eyes.

The eyebrow holes are higher, so I have to make sure there's room inside the head above the eyebrow rod mechanics for the pulley system. If the eyebrow rods and pulley are too close together, the eyebrows won't raise very far. Because there will be no side-to-side eye mechanics, there's lots of room to bend the interior eyebrow rods downward. The trick will be to bend the rods so the spring between them works properly. 

Everything always works in my mind's eye, but there's that nagging problem of the natural laws of physics. I seem to run into that problem whenever I do something for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian8:51 AM

    Can hardly wait to see how it comes out, Kenny. I admire the fact that you never phone it in, you're always working on something new, something different, asking questions, taking risks.

    ReplyDelete