Thursday, March 08, 2012

Nubs

It's another experiment.  I usually make eyebrows by inserting a brass rod through the forehead tube, then bend the rod to form an eyebrow frame.  The downside is that if I don't bend it correctly, the eyebrow rod gets too tight in the tube and won't move fluidly. 

So this time I inserted the rod through the tube, then marked the spot where the rod protruded about 1/8".  I pulled the rod back out, cut it at the marker, then re-inserted it.  

Now, I know some folks solder their eyebrows onto the rod.  But since I don't trust myself with soldering guns or solder (bad enough I'm allowed a hot glue gun), I decided to rough up the protrusion, then put a Magic-Sculpt nub at the end of the brass rod.  After it dries, I'll attached a pre-formed eyebrow (made of Magic-Sculpt) onto the nub.  

My main concern is that the eyebrow won't stay put.  Anyone who is relatively sure that my experiment won't work, please let me know.    

No comments:

Post a Comment