Wednesday, March 28, 2012

After working with the Braylu slotted eye synchronizer, I figured out a pretty good way to line everything up.  I struggled at first, but here's what I recommend now.

  • With your eyetray and eyes temporarily in the head, line up the back springs or posts so that the eyeball irises are centered.  I use a mirror in front of the figure's face as I work in the back. 
  • Mark the center spot where the springs insert into the synchronizer slots.
    Cut off the ends of the synchronizer so that the slots are open.  Cut it down further on each end if you're working on a 2T head.  I like to leave at least 1/8" area just to the outside of my marks.
  • Fill the slots with Magic-Sculpt, applying from the inside center-post to just past the marks.  Set aside two small pea-sized balls of Magic-Sculpt
  • Push each post or spring into the Magic-Sculpt in the slots far enough so that the irises are centered.
  • 
  • Take your tiny balls of Magic-Sculpt and "cap" both ends.  Adjust as necessary.
  • Let it dry. 
  • 
    Rough until it dries.  Use more Magic-Sculpt
     to smooth over the rough parts for a cleaner look
    
  • I clip off any excess post or spring that protrudes from back of the synchronizer.  If you want to make it cosmetically neater, apply a little more Magic-Sculpt over the rough parts and smooth with your water-dipped finger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment