Monday, March 05, 2012

10

I was about 10 years old when this photo was taken. We lived in Fresno, California that year. I recall that my Jerry Mahoney dummy (named Jackie) was stolen from my Mom's car. He went missing for several weeks. Then a friend of my Mom's, who knew that Jackie had been stolen, saw the dummy in a bar. Some drunk had pilfered him and brought him in to his favorite watering hole. They displayed Jackie behind the bar with a cigarette in his mouth. Of course, my Mom retrieved him for me. I was so thrilled to have him back. However, he had a new vocabulary of four-letter words. I guess the constant nightlife was a bad influence on him.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:42 PM

    I suppose the four letter word vocabulary was to be expected. The alter egos of some of my vents, while not profane, certainly tend to the risque at times...but all in good fun. The story of picking up the new vocabulary, however, reminds me of a macaw I once had. He talked and was very social. During a move, he resided with my in-laws for several months. They were Scottish, so when I got the bird back he spoke with an accent...and, a few choice words of the four letter variety.

    Wally

    ReplyDelete