Friday, March 09, 2012

I've been warned

A few of my fellow vent figure builders have bet against my experiment turning out well.  I'm sure they speak from experience.  But as the song goes, "I'm a rebel and I'll never, never, never be any good."  

The nubs seemed to hold pretty well on the brass rod extensions.  I pulled and twisted, but they stayed firm.  So my next step was to cut some eyebrow frames from brass rod stock, bend them to the appropriate shape, and Magic-Sculpt them onto the nubs.   

If this step works, I'll form the rest of the eyebrows from Magic-Sculpt over the brass frames.

Even if this process works, I already don't like it because it's too labor-intensive.  I think I need to go back to my rod bending, but figure out a method that's more fool-proof (that is... me-proof).

I have another idea that involves drilling.  (Why can't I leave well enough alone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment