Monday, June 12, 2006

A New Wrinkles

I've been performing with a small Shar Pei dog named "Chester". He's actually a British stuffed dog puppet called Wrinkles.

I performed at a benefit recently for South Coast Hospice. The organization held a grand opening last week of their new thrift store. The organization's director came across a 30-inch version of the Wrinkles dog while setting up merchandise at the new thrift store. She set it aside for me. Naturally I bought it.

He needs to be "unstuffed" a bit. He's SO stuffed he's difficult to maneuver. But he'll be a fun addition to my growing puppet world.

Meanwhile, back in the workshop, I've reconstructed the eye mechanics for my Brose figure. The new design works much better. I am building the eye mechanics similar to the old Jerry Mahoney with moving eyes. They default right. I pull a string and they move left. I actually prefer strings with hoops rather than levers. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Even when he has a new dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment