Saturday, June 17, 2006

...and then there's "chucky"...




I'm very happy with the progress of my Brose figure. The eyes installed very nicely. They work smoothly and easily. As you can see from the photo, the eye mechanics are fashioned after the old Jerry Mahoney figures with moving eyes. The eyes default to the right with a spring. I pull the nylon string with my index finger (inserted into a small brass ring) and the eyes move to the left. My method is unconventional, but I like it that way. As Mike Brose said when I asked him about my design, "The only rule is... there are no rules!". Thanks, Mike.

And then there's "Chucky". He's caused all sorts of problems. I have managed to salvage him after each disaster, but now he's looking rather sinister. He'll turn out to be somebody... but will anyone want to be around him?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:40 PM

    That is the same design I came up with. I like it. It made him naturally look at me when relaxed.

    ReplyDelete