Monday, May 29, 2006

She actually did it!


Earlier I doubted that my wife would make time to repaint the cheeks of my pro dummy building project. Well, I was wrong. She repainted them yesterday. She even shaded above the eyes. Nicely done!

Then she repainted the lips... in a much darker reddish brown! Looks good! She even lined the edges of the lips ala lipliner.

Meanwhile, I purchased my files and successfully hollowed out my Charlie's eye sockets. I also added ApoxySculpt to change his nose and upper lip. I placed a pulley inside his neck for new jaw mechanics.

However, the eyes are going to be a challenge. I bought some 1" hardwood spheres with one flattened edge and a pre-drilled hole. I can easily drill the hole through the rest of the sphere for the pivot screws. But without a drill press (remember, I'm not allowed power tools), I'm not sure how I'm going to drill a hole precisely in the middle of the back of the eye for the centering spring. Not to mention the iris on the other side.

That noise you hear is me scratching my head.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:36 PM

    I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:23 PM

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:54 AM

    Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete