Sunday, May 21, 2006

I'm venting, I'm venting!


I'm not sure how it happended. Oh wait a minute. Now I remember. I moved to a small coastal town in Oregon and was tempted to perform again. I intended to just sing my little folk songs, but I figured I'd include a tried and true novelty bit from my old act. I'd sing the children's song "Red Light, Green Light" while frozen stiff in a trance. Used to blow their minds! More later on how the bit came to be. Well... the thing worked again... and 'poof'... a year later I'm building a vent figure with Mike Brose parts. I'm reading blogs by other ventriloquists and I'm checking Ebay every ten minutes for ventriloquism stuff. It's too late now... I'm hooked.

God knows what I've spent in tools and materials to build this dummy. I could have purchased one of those fine, professionally crafted figures with what I've invested so far. Makes ya wonder who's REALLY the dummy.

Meanwhile, I've been performing with a cute shar-pei dog named "Chester". I wrote an act from material I stole, borrowed and actually made up. And whaddya know... people actually laughed... and in the right places!

So, I'll be posting news about my adventures as a performer and builder. I'll try to be interesting and controversial enough to warrant a comment or two from my fellow vents and fans of ventriloquism.

Thanks for reading this far...

No comments:

Post a Comment