Monday, May 22, 2006

Now he looks like a drunk...

I'm going to need a few tips. My vent figure's skin tone looks great. The eyes have been lined with Raw Umber and look good. The lips are an acceptable pink color. So, then I attempt to ripen the cheeks and nose with a little red.

My wife peeks in and says, "Oh, no...". Not a good sign.

"Kenny, your dummy looks like he drinks."

I stand back, rub my chin as I consider her comment, and examine my dummy like a doctor trying to figure out a strange rash.

"Yeah... you're right", I say.

"I think I need to help you with this," Joyce says. I try to express gratitude, but I know she won't really make time to help since she has her own knitting and watercolor projects underway. I don't blame her a bit.

Today I will email Al Stevens, Glen Rappold, Mike Brose and Clinton Detweiler for advice on shading the cheeks. If anyone has any advice, please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment