Monday, December 23, 2019

Stick with Braylu

I like the headstick manufactured by Braylu Creations. I use them on all of my conversion figures. They come un-drilled with a trigger and hardware. Depending on what animations I plan to include, I'll drill some holes to accommodate strings and triggers as well as a small eye hook for the jaw spring.

I plan to make side-to-side self-centering eyes, moving mouth, and raising eyebrows. The hole for the jaw trigger goes in the back of the PVC pipe 2-3/4" down from the bottom of the transition. The hole for the eyebrows trigger is drilled just above the jaw trigger at 2" down. The eye rocker hole is drilled in the front 3-3/4" down.

I drill four holes in the transition as close to the PVC pipe as possible so the strings won't get caught up in the neck hole on the figure's body.

The last step is to mount the head on the headstick. I use hot glue. Ta-Da!


No comments:

Post a Comment