Thursday, December 26, 2019

Neck and neck... and neck


I hope you had a delightful Christmas. I did for sure. Now it's back to business.

I've been looking forward to working on the alien's neck. My client wanted it long and thin. That being said, I decided for the sake of practicality, it should thicken as it descends to the shoulders. As requested, I've attempted to make the bottom of the neck flat so a rounded transition can be attached.  I've tried to make it round in the neighborhood of 2-3/4" in diameter. Patching and sanding will make it more precise.

As with all of the photos, lumpiness prevails. However, the uneven rolls of flesh on the neck are intentional. Seems more realistic that way (for an imaginary alien, that is).

There's some pre-sanding patching to be done. Then the sanding begins. Only then will I see the actual character truly emerge

No comments:

Post a Comment