Saturday, December 28, 2019

Filler up!

 Charlie McCarthy dolls are fun to convert into professional-style vent figures. However, the jaws in these dolls don't open very wide. As part of my conversion technique, I cut out the bottom of the jaw so there's more clearance on the underside. The jaw will open wider when it's finally mounted in the head.

After I cut out the underside, I fill the hollow interior with a tightly-folded paper towel. Then I cover that with Magic-Sculpt. After the Magic-Scult dries hard, I'll file the edges smoother.

I've also given the head its first coat of paint. I prefer Behr house paint. The best flesh-color is called Coronado Dunes. I prefer flat-matte house paint because it's tough, goes on easy and dries very flat. Acrylics always seemed too shiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment