Saturday, April 06, 2013

I changed the subject (sort of)

Yes, I'll keep blogging about the Buzzard Brothers. And you'll probably see some more photos and prose about the 2T Otis. But now I've started a new project.

Otis the Full Size 40" Moonshiner.

I started with the Braylu 3T Blank. First I sculpted his "don't hit me" eyebrow area. He also got an Adam's Apple. Next I'll do the nose. I forgot to order a Jackie jaw which is handy to use as an armature for the Otis jaw. Since I'm always ordering stuff from Braylu, I'll get that in the next shipment.

Buzz (Braylu owner) and I Skype quite often. He showed me a beta casting of the new full-size Mr. Winkle. Even though there were some corrections he wanted to make, the casting still looked pretty good. It'll be fun and exciting building the first full-size Winkle from a "ready-to-ship" urethane casting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment