Friday, February 22, 2013

Jutting jaw

It's been awhile since I blogged about anything technical. Though I'm prone to share how I do things, I'm always concerned learned readers will think, "Jeez... THAT'S the way he does that? You GOT to be kidding!".

Nevertheless, here's me working on a 2T Uncle Earl jaw.

One cool thing about the 2T Uncle Earl jaw is that it can be mounted slightly more forward to give him a more obstinate look. Pushed farther back, it makes him look more clueless. In this case, I'm making him look slightly more obstinate, so I've shaved off some areas on the sides.

Also you might notice that the brass tube-ends on the jaw axle are marked. I always mark the left one with a black stripe and the other with two stripes. Keeps everything consistent until final installation.

2 comments:

  1. P. Grecian12:54 PM

    I love the technical posts, Kenny. Keep 'em up as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Tucker8:57 PM

    Kenny keep doing things the way you do them. I for one have learned a great deal from your blog and would very much like to see more.

    ReplyDelete