Thursday, October 27, 2011

Paper Clay eye

I purchased some Paper Clay awhile back with the intent of using it to sculpt a new figure.  Well, I am doing that... however... I'm using it to alter my first full-size figure, "Jackie".  I have a request for an Asian character, so I decided to use a "Jackie" cast as my armature.  I'll do the other eye, then make changes to his nose.  I may think up a few more transforming features.  After he's completed, I'll have a mold made, then make castings of my Asian character.

I really like the Paper Clay.  I've always sculpted with Magic-Sculpt, but it hardens quickly. (I call it "speed-sculpting").  Paper Clay stays pliable for a long time and takes 2-3 days to air-dry completely.  Then I'll sand the eye nice and smooth.  I may try it out to fill imperfections in the casting, too.

1 comment:

  1. Paper clay is amazing. Be careful though because it can shrink and crack as it dries out some on hard surfaces.

    ReplyDelete