Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Connect the neck

Q: I bought one of your heads from Braylu and I also bought a control stick with a cup and trigger. How do I attach it to your head? Do I cut your head at the neck or does it fit inside? I do not want to ruin your head.

A: The head comes with the rounded part at the bottom of the neck because some folks prefer to install a wood dowel or PVC pipe alone.  The control stick you bought comes with a rounded part (the cup is called a "transition").   Since the head you bought is rounded at the bottom of the neck, cut that part off. The transition on the headstick replaces the rounded part at the bottom of the neck. After I've built the mechanics in the head and attached the cords inside, I attach the headstick to the neck with Magic-Sculpt. Have fun with your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment