Saturday, September 03, 2011

Lock jaw

I'm under a deadline (October 1st) to complete my first full-size figure of my own design.  So far I've cut the trap door, jaw and eye openings.  I also marked the slight depressions in the head that need to be filled with wood filler. 

Today I roughed up the head's interior so the Magic-Sculpt will stick when I mount the mechanics. I also rough-sanded off the mold lines. Then I temporarily mounted the jaw inside the head on slots made from Magic-Sculpt.  After the slots dry a little, I'll pulll the jaw out for later permanent installation.   

I will need to fill the sides and bottom of the jaw opening for a tight fit.  I may also add some thickness to the bottom of the jaw for nice slot-jaw movement.

Now, this is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment