Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tale of the tape

Sometimes I get real excited about products I see that I THINK will improve the quality of my figures. I've been using blue painters tape (similar to masking tape) to quiet the contact between the brass rod and the brass loop on the eye synchronizer. I wrap the brass rod with a short length of tape. But I've been on the lookout for a plastic tape as a replacement. Well, I found some. It's actually plastic electrical tape that comes in several colors. So I used it to wrap the brass rod. And as they say, "the best laid plans". The texture of the plastic tape actually sticks to the contact point on the brass loop, which then makes the eyes stick in one position. Turns out the texture of the painters tape is much better suited for the purpose. No sticking!

So I AM sticking with the blue painters tape because I'm NOT sticking with the blue painters tape. (Who's on first?)

No comments:

Post a Comment