Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sad to see him go


Progress continues on Charlie3 (pictured left), though some of the wind has been taken out of my sails. I sold Charlie2, but he sold for only $183. Not what I'd hoped. It's not so much the money. I've made back the hard costs and made a small profit (not counting labor... but hey, it's a hobby). It's just that I've taken a shine to the little guy and I hate to see him go for so little. The sentimental value has exceeded the monetary gain. I didn't expect that.

My consolation is that I could probably duplicate him. I have extensive photos. I may make a clone just for my own collection.

I'm trying to figure out what the market values most. I think he looked much cuter than many of the vent figures I see on Ebay that garner higher prices (although I may be deluded in thinking that). But he didn't have self-centering eyes and no other animations. Maybe that's the deal. In any case, I plan to make the eyes self-centering on Charlie3, and I may do raising eyebrows if I can figure out the mechanics and control issues.


I'm gonna miss the little fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment