Sunday, August 20, 2006

Jackie




I shot these photos tonight of Jackie, my vent figure I crafted from Mike Brose cast parts. I used his Fred head, Bright Blue eyes and body. The legs, arms and hands came from Braylu. I followed Al Stevens' Fred Project and referred to Mike Brose's book "Figure Making Can Be Fun" for guidance and inspiration. I still refer to Mike's book as I design and build the Charlie projects.

Jackie's precocious personality is beginning to emerge.

TO READ THE MOST RECENT "VENT INTO THE MIC" BLOG ENTRIES, CLICK HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this figure, he's very appealing. I'm planning on ordering a Brose kit myself, and this little guy caught my attention. I noticed the unusual eye set-up. Does he look to the right when they are at rest? I think, somehow, this adds to his appeal. It makes him seem a little less intimidating, a little more shy maybe. I think some of the 'creepiness' people attribute to vent figures is attributable to the stare they seem to have when at rest. This really softens that. Do you think you tell me more about the eye configuration. Also, the hair and the paint.. it really works. I have a Braylu body I ordered a while back, what's your opinion about those? Do they work with the Brose head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..that is.."do you think you could tell me more about the eye configuration?" I think I'd like to do it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:05 PM

    Where'd you buy the dummy? I love dummies and I want to know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I built him from parts sold at puppetsandprops.com.

    ReplyDelete