Saturday, July 15, 2006

Mouthworks


Charlie 1 is coming along nicely. His head, as you can see in the photo, is now attached to the Braylu-built post. I installed his mouth with a brass axle. It threads through a pulley ala Fred Project. Though I'm a lefty who prefers thumb action for the mouth, I'm building Charlie 1 with right-handed controls. The index finger of the right hand will work the mouth lever. The eye controls will be manipulated with the right thumb using a rocker control. His eyes will be the Bright Blue eyes by Mike Brose.

I also purchased some curley brown fleece to possibly use for hair instead of a wig. If it works for Charlie 1, I also might use it for Charlie 2.

Speaking of Charlie 2, my wife is lobbying for a "5 o'clock shadow" on his face. She thinks he'll look good as a ruffian. I'm warming to the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment