Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Children Attacked My Dog


I was persuaded to entertain the children at the beach cottage. Now, you must understand that my wife and I don't have kids. So, we're not around kids that often. I like kids. I just don't know what to expect from kids due solely to unfamiliarity. So when I brought my little pal "Chester" to the cottage, I did my routine for the wee ones. Well, the session slowly deteriorated into the 3 and 4-year-olds grabbing Chester's nose and ears, pulling and tugging and giggling.

I have not experienced a similar reaction from an adult audience.

The parents got a kick outta the whole scene. They laughed, too, but not at the jokes (which all went right over the kids' heads). The parents were laughing at the synchronized kiddy attack of helpless Chester.

In the future, the parents suggested a routine filled with potty, pee-pee and burping jokes for the l'il tikes.

I think I need to read up on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment