Saturday, January 26, 2013

One...more...time

I keep saying this is the last "Otis the Moonshiner" character I can make from an Elmore head. But I received a special order for the feller, so here we go again. The mold has been officially retired, but we keep squeezing out one...more... casting. The head has taken a lot of prep work, but I'm pleased with how he's turning out.

I just gave him his coat of primer. After a primer coat, I always see a few areas I need to touch up. Either fill or sanding. Fortunately there are only a couple small spots that need attention. Then the fun painting begins.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Kenny you should go ahead and make an Elmore/Otis master in 2 T and 3 T that Buzz can mold for you since it's becoming a sought after character.

    Phil Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I complete the 3T Mr. Winkle, the plan is to sculpt a new 2T Elmore/Otis head. I like the original, but I've learned a lot since then and I'd like to see if I can make him a bit better. If I succeed, I'll do a 3T version as well. (So much to do, so little time).

    ReplyDelete