Friday, January 25, 2013

I wanna be a spaceman


When I was a kid I read Robert Heinlein and Issac Asimov.  

When I was in 4th grade (1958), I had an argument with my teacher when she predicted that we all might visit the moon within our lifetimes. I felt obligated to correct her. We already were on the moon. I saw Rocket Bob go there every afternoon on local TV.

I was an avid (and still am) Star Trek fan. Loved Star Wars (the first three, anyway). I really enjoyed the later Battlestar Gallactica series. Frackin' great.  Of course, the best SciFi series ever in my opinion was Firefly. Yep, I'm a Browncoat.

So I was delighted when I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection in this new protective head gear. 

Live long and prosper. 

3 comments:

  1. Funny! I have a very similar out fit. In my case, I was accused of looking like an exterminator, rather than an astronaut, doggone it....we dummy builder types sure do have strange wardrobes.......

    ReplyDelete