Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Trash talk

Dopey me. After carefully measuring and cutting up the PVC pipe into 8.5" segments... after drilling slots and installing a tube 'n' rod eye control in one of the sticks... after all that... I try setting the headstick into the hole of a headstick holder only to discover that the circumference of this PVC pipe is oh-so-slightly larger than the holes... rendering all 13 of the headsticks useless.  

In disgust, I threw them all into the trash. 

Now this morning, I will rescue them from the trash can and store them in some drawer for later use. You never know when you might need a headstick with an oh-so-slightly larger circumference.

(It's probably good I didn't take up brain surgery as a hobby.)   

2 comments:

  1. I've had that problem before. What I did was take a belt sander and reduced the circumference at the top enough that it could fit into the neck hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could use them with kneebuddy figures. Or you could make child-size headsticks for the young ventriloquists

    ReplyDelete