Friday, July 13, 2012

Where will all this lead?

This scary-lookin' feller is my emerging armature for a new figure sculpture. I added the eye tray yesterday.   I have a good idea who I want to portray in this project. But I won't specify this early on because you never know what twists and turns might lead me to a different character. 

My next step will be to put him on a headstick so I can start the application of clay.  I might use KleanKlay.  I might use PaperClay.  

KleanKlay presents a challenge in that I'll need to ship him to Braylu Creations for mold making (if Buzz agrees to take the project). KleanKlay will dent in shipping unless I come up with a way to protect him with a coating or padding or both.

PaperClay hardens, so shipping the model is less likely to result in damage. But PaperClay doesn't stick to urethane very well.  Maybe I'll paint some Elmer's Glue on the spot where I want to sculpt, let it dry to a sticky consistency, and then apply the PaperClay.  

(Feel free to weigh in.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment