Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Nub-bub

Nubs in action!  (Reminds me of "Pigs in space!".) 

Actually its far less dramatic. Nubs, you may recall, are pre-formed platforms for the jaw axle tube-ends to rest upon. This is a photo of the nubs installed in a head. 

  • First I put the jaw with axle in the head and marked where the axle ends touched, or nearly touched, the sides of the head.  
  • Then  I took two globs of Magic-Sculpt and placed each near the marks.  
  • Next step was to sink the nubs into the soft Magic-Sculpt.  
  • After that, I placed the jaw in the head with the axle-tube ends resting upon the nubs.  I moved the jaw (and nubs) around in the soft Magic-Sculpt until the jaw was perfectly positioned.  
  • Using my fingers and a wet Popsicle stick, I secured the soft Magic-Sculpt to the head and enclosed the nubs.  Then I pulled out the jaw. 
  • When the Magic-Sculpt dries, the nubs will be secure, but I'll probably add a little more Magic-Sculpt to cover any gaps for safe measure.  
And that's nub-ology.  Nubness.  Nub-bub!

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian8:01 AM

    That's elegant! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete