Monday, April 23, 2012

Performing is alien to me

My Rotary club has been after me for years to do a presentation about my Kenny Croes Dummy Store.  You may recall that I make these little mannequin munchkins, but I don't perform with them very often. Recently I was asked by a friend if I would do a presentation for a local Kiwanis club, and in a moment of weakness, I agreed to do it.  So that's scheduled for Wednesday.  Today being Monday, I'm going to do a dry run at my Rotary club.

The presentation primarily consists of a PowerPoint about the dummy makin' business.  It has photos of their innards and outards. I even have some photos of the Vent Haven Museum and the convention, famous ventriloquists of the past and present, and that old photo of me with my Jerry Mahoney dummy.

I plan to end my presentation with a very brief demonstration using my Zoomo the Space Cadet figure.  My routine will last about 60 seconds, but it will show off a real "live" dummy (the alien... not me).

3 comments:

  1. P. Grecian7:34 AM

    It'll be great. They'll love it! Break a leg and keep us in the loop, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:30 AM

    I'm sure you'll do great! I, likewise, hate standing in front of a group of people, especially if they are expecting to be entertained. Unfortunately, my wife does the volunteering of my "talents" and the dummies do most of the work! Have fun!

    WB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wesley silva ramos
    Ventriloquist dummies

    ReplyDelete