Thursday, April 19, 2012

On the blink

From these humble beginnings, I hope to build my first set of blinkers.  I studied Al Stevens' Fred Project instructions. 

I cut a wood block to the proper dimensions so I can bend the brass stock into a bracket frame.  I've chosen coat-hanger wire for the blinker frame.  I'm still debating the right glue or epoxy to attach the wire to the blinker.  I'm using a ping-pong ball for my blinker since I've destroyed every styrene blinker set Braylu Creations has ever sent me.  That's why I know I learn best from trial and error... because there haven't been too many other ways I've improved my skills.

But I really think I got a shot this time. (Either way, you'll probably hear about it.)

1 comment:

  1. Check out some of the past posts in the puppetsandprops blog. He's posted on blinkers a lot.

    ReplyDelete