Sunday, April 01, 2012

Casper the spooky freak

Wish Icould say I know exactly what I'm doing.  But I don't.  So as scary as this might look, it actually captures the essence of my project at this juncture. (My project is sculpting a new 2T cheeky boy character). 

I have cut away the generic Braylu head to make ample room for a free-swinging jaw frame (now installed) and soon-to-be eyes.  The really scary part is deciding what to do next.  I waste a lot of time staring at the thing, stroking my chin and thinking, "Hmmmmmmmm". 

I think setting the eyes in place is next.  Or maybe adding a platform in the jaw for the eventual tongue and teeth.  Possibly forming a nose...

Hmmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. P. Grecian8:10 AM

    The standing back, staring and chin-stroking is an important part of the process. Never a waste of time. I do it all the time. A lot. Important to remember: Do not skip the chin-stroking part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil is right that's important. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete