Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blinking backwards

Well, I screwed it up.  I busted off the tab I'd cut at the top of the ping-pong ball.  That left me with no place to attach a synchro bar. So I ripped the ping-pong balls from the wire frames (##*&^$+/!!), tossed 'em in the trash, and cut another two blinker shells.  This time I was able to glue them to the wire frames with Gorilla Super Glue.  I let the glue dry a few seconds before I attached the shells.  Seemed to work better.  Then I made a couple of tabs from Magic-Sculpt.  I even had the foresight to punch holes where the wire synchro bar will insert. 

I have a feeling there will be more minor disasters before I get this done. But at least I'm learning something every time I mess this up.  I am determined to see this through.

1 comment:

  1. Go to a hobby shop and ask for medium CA glue with zip kicker and you will Never use another glue again!!!

    ReplyDelete