Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What the heck happened to him?

Yeah, I know he doesn't look too healthy.

Actually, this is a new product from Braylu Creations.  It's a generic, featureless 2T head designed to serve as an armature for sculpting a new character.  I have trimmed away even more from the head.  I intend to sculpt a new Cheeky Boy figure.

First I will set in an eye tray with eyes. Then I will install a free-swinging jaw frame.  Once they are in place, I'll begin sculpting.

I haven't decided whether to use Klean Klay or PaperClay.  I know PaperClay will dry in 2-3 days, but it may not want to stick to the head.  Klean Klay won't ever really dry, but sculptor Bill Nelson suggested that 2 or 3 coats of varnish (plus beaucoup packing material) would protect the head from damage during shipping to the mold maker.

I have a vague idea what I want him look like.  I'll let my fingers do some thinking, too.  Hopefully the muses will take over and lead me to a funny face..

No comments:

Post a Comment